Non-surgical – Botox and fillers (Anti-wrinkle treatment by injection)
Anti-wrinkle treatment is a popular non-surgical procedure which aims to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles which have gradually appeared over time. These fine lines can be due to smoking or sun damage or even just laughing and frowning.
Benefits of non-surgical anti-wrinkle treatment can include:
- A reduction in the visible effects of aging
- The feeling of looking younger, or closer to your age
- Greater confidence in your appearance
There are various types of injection available to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, however the most common procedures include:
- Muscle Relaxants (botox) – Muscle relaxing injections use the botulinum toxin to block nerve impulses which cause muscle contraction. This temporary treatment is very popular as relaxants block the nerve impulses that cause muscle contraction providing the appearance of smoother skin.
- Dermal Fillers – Fillers work by plumping out wrinkles and laughter lines in the face. Fillers are a non-surgical treatment frequently used for smile lines.
Generally, non-surgical fillers performed by injection take 15 minutes to complete. This however varies depending on the number of wrinkles being treated. Muscle relaxants take effect over a week or two and can last for three to four months, whilst dermal fillers can last for one year.
There is virtually no recovery time following anti-wrinkle treatment so it is generally possible to fit an injection around day to day activities.
If you would like any further information or guide pricing, please make an online enquiry or contact us on 01273 828 120.