- Breast care
- Cancer care
- Reconstructive breast surgery (oncoplastic surgery)
- Benign breast lumps, breast pain, nipple discharge, family history.
- Breast cancer treatment: oncoplastic breast conserving surgery, mastectomy with immediate and delayed reconstruction, axillary node assessment.
- Breast implant exchange, augmentation, reductions and lipomodelling for correction of breast deformities and/or breast asymmety for patients having undergone breast cancer surgery in the past
- Diagnosis and management of all aspects of breast problems.
- Risk reducing mastectomy with immediate reconstruction.
- Treatment of male breast enlargement (gnaecomastia)
- Fellow of the Working Group of Breast Surgery European Board of Surgery FEBS (Breast)
- Member of The Association of Breast Surgery (ABS) UK
- The Association of Polish Surgeons
- The European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO)
- The European Society of Breast Cancer Specialists (EUSOMA)
- The American Society of Breast Surgeons
Mr Ostrowski is a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon at Worthing Hospital (Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust) and is the Lead Surgeon for breast screening and audit.
His special interests are in the diagnosis and management of all aspects of breast problems, benign and malignant, including breast pain, nipple discharge, family history, breast cancer treatment, immediate and delayed reconstruction, breast augmentation, implant exchange, reductions and lipomodelling. Mr Ostrowski applies oncoplastic techniques to achieve the best outcome in breast cancer surgery and aesthetic appearance.
He offers immediate breast reconstruction with implants and flaps for patients undergoing mastectomy for breast cancer and offers sentinel lymph node biopsy for axillary staging of patients with breast cancer. He also offers correction of breast deformities and/or breast asymmetry to patients having undergone breast cancer surgery in the past
He graduated from the Medical University of Gdansk in Poland in 1995 and thereafter trained in General Surgery, receiving the Certificate of Completion of Training in 2008. Subsequently, he undertook his subspecialty training in breast cancer, oncoplastic-reconstructive surgery and surgical oncology. In 2012 he obtained the European Board of Surgery (EBS) Qualification in Breast Surgery.
Mr Ostrowski has conducted research on oxidative stress and received a research scholarship from Nagoya University School of Medicine in Japan which led to his PhD in Medical Sciences: Antioxidants in the process of Apoptosis in Cancer cells. He has also spent two years in Kenya as a volunteer surgeon and a medical coordinator for NGOs.
I am a keen photographer and scuba diver.