Cosmetic and plastic surgery
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery
- Balance disorders
- Hearing loss
- Sinus Surgery
- Sleep disorders / snoring
- Cosmetic ear surgery: pinnaplasty
- Cosmetic nose surgery: rhinoplasty and nose reshaping
- Ear conditions: hearing loss, balance disturbance/vertigo, tinnitus, ear infections/discharge/pain, blocked ears, perforated ear drum
- Nasal conditions: nasal blockage, deviated nasal septum, allergic nose conditions, loss of smell and taste, nose bleeding, nasal polyps, nasal discharge and drip
- Neck lumps
- Sinusitis: sinusitis, facial pain, facial congestion, headache and nasal drip, endoscopic sinus surgery and balloon sinuplasty
- Swallowing problems
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Sussex Association of Consultants
Michael O'Connell is a Consultant ENT Surgeon with over 16 years experience in Brighton, Sussex and Surrey and brings an expert, modern and professional approach to his patients. His aim is to make your consultation comprehensive, straightforward and as easy as possible to resolve your problems and quickly return you to health.
Training at centres of excellence in London in both Ear Nose and Throat and Plastic surgery he then complimented this extensive training by winning scholarships to work and learn with leading surgeons in France, Germany and America. He undertook his research thesis at the University of Sussex and was subsequently awarded the Royal Society of Medicine prize for this body of work. Since then he has published on a number of topics including rhinoplasty, facial surgery and ear disease.
He performs a wide range of ear, nose, throat and neck procedures and treats all general ENT conditions in adults and children. Michael has a special interest in nose disease and nasal reconstruction. His private practice mainly involves cosmetic nose and ear surgery, sinusitis, nasal problems, ear conditions and paediatric ENT care.
Mr O'Connell maintains a keen interest in surgical innovation and travels internationally to learn new techniques. He is currently at the forefront of balloon sinuplasty in the UK, the latest development in sinus surgery, which has significantly advanced our surgical ability to manage sinusitis.
Outside of work he is a keen family man with three small children, including twins. He also enjoys skiing, SCUBA diving, travel, music, art and making the most of Brighton and the coast.