- Cardiac radiology
- CT Scanning
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Cardiac CT for investigation of chest pain and evaluation of post-procedural appearances.
- Cardiovascular MRI for diseases of the heart including heart failure, valvular disease and cardiomyopathies.
- Imaging of the aorta and great vessels.
Consultant Radiologist and Clinical Lead in Cardiac Imaging for the Department of Radiology at Brighton and Sussex University Hospital NHS Trust.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
- British Society of Cardiovascular Imaging
- Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
Dr Joon Lee trained in Oxford, London and then Brighton leading to an appointment as a specialist consultant cardiac radiologist. Before his radiology training, he completed a PhD under the supervision of Professor Sir Magdi Yacoub at the Harefiled Heart Science Centre. He currently works in the Radiology Department of the Brighton and Sussex NHS Hospital Trust where he is the Clinical Lead in Cardiac Imaging.
Dr Joon Lee has professional accreditation and expertise in assessing cardiovascular diseases using computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). He holds British Society of Cardiovascular Imaging accreditation for Cardiac CT as well as international accreditation by the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance.
Dr Joon Lee is married and has a young family who take up most of his time outside of work but he also enjoys golf, skiing and travelling.