Gastroenterology is the branch of medicine that deals with many medical conditions that affect the gastrointestinal (digestive) system. Some digestive problems are treatable, while others can be managed through medication and lifestyle.
Common conditions seen by a gastroenterologist:
- Bowel disease
- Liver disease (hepatology)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Nutrition – coeliac disease, food allergies
- Oesophageal disease
- Pancreatic-biliary disease
Our Gastroenterology Consultants
Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Service
If you have been referred to be seen as part of our Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Service, click here to find out more.