Nephrology or renal medicine is the branch of medicine that is concerned with the diagnoses, treatment and management of kidney functions and renal (kidney) replacement therapy, such as dialysis and kidney transplantation.
The Montefiore Hospital has an expert consultant nephrologist who will diagnose and plan the treatment for your condition, supported by specialised nursing staff, so you can be confident that you are in expert caring hands.
Our services are available to all, whether you are privately insured or you are paying for your own treatment. If the latter, we can offer a private treatment for a fixed price agreed in advance.
To book a consultation with one of our Nephrology Consultant please complete our online enquiry form or call:
01273 828 148 for self-funding bookings
01273 828 030 for insured bookings
Common conditions seen by a nephrologist
- Immunological renal disease: vasculitis and glomerulonephritis and immunosuppression
- Diabetic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease: Mineral Bone Disease
- Chronic and acute renal disease
- Electrolyte disorders
- Glomerulonephritis and vasculitis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Patients on dialysis and transplant candidates