Dr Rachael James
MD, BSc, FRCP
Congenital heart disease
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Cardiac disease in pregnancy
- Valve Disease & Endocarditis
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Congenital Cardiac Association
- British Heart Valve Society
- Council member for the British Cardiovascular Society (Women in Cardiology Representative) 2009-2013 and British Society of Echocardiography 2008-2014
Dr Rachael James trained in London and was appointed as a Consultant Cardiologist at the Sussex Cardiac Centre in 2004. She also works at the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital where she undertakes a specialist adolescent clinic.
Dr James is trained in all aspects of general cardiology and specialises in echocardiography. She holds British Society of Echocardiography accreditation in both transthoracic and transoesophageal echocardiography and European accreditation in paediatric and congenital echocardiography.
Dr James is a consultant with a special interest in adult congenital heart disease and her practice includes the specialist areas of cardiac disease in pregnancy and valve disease.