We provide private GP appointments for all patients. We are happy to see patients that have a local NHS GP as well as those that are not permanent residents. All patients will have access to patient focused, exemplary care.
Our private GP service is tailored to give you the opportunity to see a GP quickly or to see a healthcare professional about any health concerns that may be bothering you. Seeing a private GP can also be beneficial if you are not registered to a GP in the local area.
Our Private GP Service is separate to that provided by your NHS GP and there is no need to de-register from your local GP Practice.
You do not need to have private insurance to use our GP service. If you are insured, please make sure to check with your insurer that any costs incurred will be covered. GP appointment fees do not include any further testing or scans that are carried out at the hospital.
In addition to the consultation with the GP, your appointment will also include where appropriate;
- writing a private prescription
- providing a referral to a Consultant
- recommending and referring you for scans or X-rays and highlighting what other tests you may need.
You will be provided with an outcome letter detailing all of this and a copy will be sent to your NHS GP.
Any further investigations which you may require during or after your appointment, such as blood tests, scans, ECGs etc are not included in the cost of your appointment. Before any such tests are completed the GP will discuss with you why they think these tests should be carried out and the costs associated with them.
What's not included:
- 24-hour health cover or emergency service
- DVLA, visa or other specific medical checks
- Repeat prescriptions, except where we have initiated treatment, or (exceptionally) in an emergency
- Minor surgery
- Ongoing monitoring of long-term conditions where the NHS might be a more appropriate provider of this chronic disease management service.
- To be treated for a reaction to any prescribed medication (this would be deemed an emergency)
- To routinely use the service for ‘sick’ notes for conditions Spire GP is not treating