- Hair and Scalp disorders
- Skin Cancer
- All types of non-scarring and scarring hair loss
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Association of Dermatologists
- European Hair Research Society
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Hair and Nail Society
- Core member of local skin cancer multidisciplinary team
As a general dermatologist Dr Paul Farrant see patients with all types of skin problems, from Acne to Zoon’s. His interests include acne, eczema and psoriasis.
Working on the South Coast, approximately 50% of a dermatologist’s workload is related to sun damage and skin cancer and these are treated by medical and surgical means.
Dr Farrant’s main clinical interest is hair loss and scalp disorders and he runs the only regional clinic in the South dedicated to this. He set up the British Hair and Nail Group and lectures widely on hair loss both nationally and internationally.
Having worked and lived in Brighton for the last 18 years and after completing his training in 2008 followed by a year at King’s College Hospital, London, he took up a full time post in Brighton in 2009. He is Clinical Lead for the dermatology service at BSUH (2012-present).
Dr Farrant is married to a local GP and has three daughters. He is also a level 2 British Triathlon coach and enjoys swimming, biking and running.