Please note: if you are booking an appointment online, the initial consultation fee with Mrs Helen Phadnis of £225 also covers one follow-up consultation and email support between appointments.
- Sports nutrition
- Renal nutrition
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Weight management
- Health screening
- DNA analysis: genetic insights into diet and exercise. This service includes a final DNA report including a 12 week diet plan and exercise regimen
- Sports nutrition: skinfolds body fat percentage analysis; supplements advice; training-linked diet plans
- Nutrition MOT: detailed report of your current micronutrient and macronutrient intake against recommended intakes for your gender, age and activity level using nutritional analysis software
- IBS: manage symptoms by nurturing your microbiome
- Weight management: intensive 3 months of nutrition coaching using telehealth app Oviva allows for continual secure messaging and support from Helen
- Renal nutrition: link in with NHS care with the benefit of additional time (60minutes per consultation) and a comfortable environment
- British Dietetic Association (BDA) full membership
- BDA Freelance Dietitians specialist interest group
- BDA Sports Nutrition specialist interest group
- Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Helen is an experienced freelance dietitian. Her passion for nutrition began whilst rowing at an international level in her teenage years. The power of nutrition enhancing performance was clear, and Helen was inspired to embark on a career in dietetics and a post-grad qualification in Sports and Exercise Nutrition. Helen has a thriving general dietetic clinic at The Montefiore Hospital as well as at Brighton Sports Therapy. In addition to this she is head of Nutrition and Dietetics at Bluecrest Healthscreening, and is the nutrition tutor for Brighton University sports scholars and local TASS athletes. Helens’ practice is underpinned by 12 years clinical experience as a senior specialist renal dietitian at Barts and the London and Imperial Hospitals NHS Trusts.
Following her time in the NHS Helen felt passionate about providing quality dietetic consultations that allowed time to listen to a clients’ dietary beliefs, symptoms and wishes. As a result, her diet plans are completely bespoke, and results are excellent. Helen also believes in embracing the most recent technology and research, hence her most recent training and provision of DNA testing and personalised nutrigenetic diet advice.
Helen is a foodie, and spends most of her spare time cooking up a storm in the kitchen, or eating out in Brighton. She dances with a local samba school, and loves to do yoga when she can. Helen lives in Hove with her husband and two young children who are her passion and keep her grounded.
Helen also runs a blog on her website, www.thebespokenutritioncoach.co.uk. If you are interested in knowing more about DNA testing, there are articles about them for food intolerance, vitamin and mineral needs, and weight loss.