- Varicose veins
- Vascular surgery
- Foam and conventional sclerotherapy
- Laser and radiofrequency treatment
- Minimally-invasive treatment of varicose veins
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- European Society of Vascular Surgery
Besides providing a full vascular service to patients in mid-Sussex, Mr Mario Caruana regularly performs emergency surgery as well as renal vascular access surgery on patients from Worthing, Brighton, Eastbourne, Bexhill and Hastings.
After performing research on gene therapy and transplantation in London, Mr Caruana underwent extensive training in vascular surgery both in East Anglia and in Birmingham. He has a keen interest in all aspects of venous and varicose vein surgery.
Mr Caruana introduced laser and radiofrequency treatment of varicose veins into Sussex as well as developing the use of sclerotherapy and veinwave therapy for thread and spider veins. He also has an interest in stroke prevention and limb salvage surgery.
He has teamed up with Mr Peter Laws to provide a consistent and bespoke service aimed at focusing on individual patient needs and wishes.
Originally from Malta, Mr Caruana enjoys living close to the South Downs with his wife, three children and two dogs. He is a keen amateur guitarist and painter and enjoys trekking.